Monday, January 9, 2012

Diet's Better Half

Today, I'll begin to explore the other factor in healthy weight-loss --> exercise.

Sometimes, considering and beginning to exercise is the most challenging aspect of adopting a healthy lifestyle.  Even knowing that it can be the most uplifting, empowering and efficacious component of the whole process, doesn't make it any easier.

I feel so tired all the time, it is hard to even think about exercise, let alone do it.  I have to find a way to move myself from exhausted to enthusiastic.  So, I'll begin by putting together a list of exercises. I'll include ones I like and those I don't.  I'll list all types such as high-impact, low-impact, aerobic, anaerobic, weight-bearing, isometric, calisthenic, etc., etc., etc. I'll think about things I used to like to do, but don't do now because of my weight - such as skating or jogging.

And, because it just crossed my mind, I will share with you a fond memory of  a JFK-era exercise routine we used to do at school.  It was called "Go, You Chicken Fat, Go".  Here, if it works, is a YouTube video of some kids doing it.


<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oJ3GyMUScUA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This embed did not seem to work.  Here is a link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ3GyMUScUA&feature=related




No comments:

Post a Comment