Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sleep More, Weigh Less

Sorry I have been so scarce. Work has been busy and I actually got a project done over the weekend. It feels great. We ripped out the carpet in our bedroom. I wore a mask and we had 2 hepa filters running. Allergies have been bothering me for quite a while, so we are doing whatever we can to rid the house of anything that contributes to allergies. It feels as if it is already helping. I feel a little less icky in the morning.

The busyness of recent days also points out the challenges of keeping up with a program when the going gets tough. My journaling has been after-the-fact rather than up-to-the-minute. I am also beginning to reach for comfort foods such as doughnuts and candy. I have still been keeping the journal, though. Have added to my foods list and have been tracking my steps.

I have been making a real effort to get closer to 8 hours sleep. When I get 7 to 9 hours for 3 or more days in a row, I feel a surge in energy and optimism. I still fail more days than not, but I continue to try. (The late, early, late, early work schedule really messes with that.) Today I received an email from Share Care (related to Real Age) that had an article about sleeping and weight loss. I am passing it along to you.


Sleep More, Weigh Less

No comments:

Post a Comment